Independent Senator David Pocock moved amendments (1) to (5) to the bill:
(1) Clause 12, page 7 (line 24), at the end of subclause (1), add: ; and (f) risks to Australia from climate change impacts, such as those relating to Australia's environment, biodiversity, health, infrastructure, agriculture, investment, economy or national security.
(2) Clause 14, page 8 (line 24), after "subsection (1)", insert "in relation to the first annual climate change statement".
(3) Clause 14, page 8 (after line 25), after subclause (3), insert: (3A) In considering advice to be given to the Minister under subsection (1) in relation to: (a) the second annual climate change statement; or (b) a subsequent annual climate change statement; the Climate Change Authority must make provision for public consultation.
(4) Clause 14, page 9 (line 5), after "website", insert "no later than the day the annual climate change statement to which the advice relates is tabled in a House of the Parliament in accordance with subsection 12(3)".
(5) Clause 14, page 9 (lines 7 and 8), omit "Parliament within 15 sitting days of that House after giving the advice to the Minister", substitute: Parliament: (i) within 15 sitting days of that House after giving the advice to the Minister; and (ii) no later than the day the annual climate change statement to which the advice relates is tabled in that House in accordance with subsection 12(3).
(1) Schedule 1, page 4 (after line 6), after item 2, insert: 2A At the end of section 8 Add: Note: Paragraph (f) allows additional functions to be prescribed related to renewable energy technologies as well as electrification technologies or energy efficiency technologies.
The motion was voted up with 37 votes in favour and 26 against.